The corporate volunteering group of Red Eléctrica de España promotes employee collaboration in solidarity activities.
- Latest News
5 December is International Volunteer Day (IVD), as decreed by the United Nations General Assembly in 1985. On this date, we not only celebrate volunteering in all its facets, but we also pay special tribute to all volunteers who join forces to achieve new global goals for sustainable development. Through volunteering, each person contributes to the transformation and progress of society by fostering the participation of governments and communities.
The United Nations Volunteer Programme, in addition to mobilising thousands of volunteers each year, works closely with partners and governments to establish national programmes and set up structures that promote local volunteering initiatives within countries.
EnREDando, the corporate volunteering group of Red Eléctrica de España, was set up ten years ago with the aim of boosting the collaboration of employees on solidarity activities to take action to address needs, problems and social and environmental interests of society. Volunteers participating in the initiatives promoted by EnREDando have a common interest in transforming society into one that is more just and equitable.
Among the volunteering activities carried out in 2015, the following are noteworthy:
- Campaign Operation Kilo-Litre has delivered a total of 7,510 kilos and litres of foodstuffs to food banks and 28 branches of Cáritas distributed nationwide.
- Solidarity charity concert for Syrian refugees to help Syrians in refugee camps in Jordan. To do this, we had the selfless participation of Company employees that are part of pop-rock bands, DJs, etc. The proceeds went to the NGO Messengers of Peace - Jordan.
- Participation in the 9th edition of the "Companies Solidarity Day" (DSE), which in this edition, was aimed at making the organic vegetable garden project of the Fundación Juan XXIII a reality.
- Charity auction in favour of the Fundación Apsuria, which is made possible thanks to the delivery of Christmas gift items coming from donations made by Company employees, as well as corporate gifts donated by the Company. In 2015, a total of 3,402 euros was raised to provide hydrotherapy treatments for people with intellectual disabilities.
- 6th edition of the Solidarity Race for Hope - FEDER. 45 runners who are employees of Red Eléctrica took part in this race that is organised by the Spanish Federation for Rare Diseases (FEDER),.
- 10th Fair Trade campaign through the organisation of a fair trade market on Company premises in collaboration with SETEM development organisation, in order to contribute to the eradication of poverty in developing countries.
Here at Red Eléctrica we shall continue to support the invaluable involvement and commitment of our volunteers and would like to express our appreciation for the work of all people who devote their time and effort to solidarity initiatives to make the world a better place.